Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Holidays in Hand Class

I love Jessica Sprague and her amazing classes. Especially the free ones! I have taken up her offer for a new class - Holidays in Hand.

This new class will hopefully put things in perspective for me and make the holiday more of a holiday and less like a shopping trip.

Day one of the class is to refocus on the holiday values.

That is a toughie. What are my values? I have them honest. I just have never written them down anywhere.

My family is the most important thing. I think that my set of values revolve around them.
* I want traditions - more traditions. I just hope that my kids are not too old to start some.
* I value my family. My goal is to make more time for us. Not just my kids and I but my only sister and her family as well as my cousins and aunts and uncles. I want to get to know them.
* Spiritual values - Do I have them? I am not sure. I believe in something. What I don't know. I am sure that there is a God but I don't believe that the God in charge of our world would allow some of the crap going on to occur. I guess my goal is to find God or something. I just know that that would make our family stronger.
* Thanks. I believe that we should be thankful for what we have. We might not have a brand new suv but we have a functional, and working van that serves our needs. There are many out there that do not even have that. We might not have money for fancy trips but we can enjoy a trip to the movies just as much.

My goals are to be a better person. One who can be loved and counted on. One who can be thankful for all that I have. One whose family is close and enjoys each other.

I sure hope this is what I am suppose to be doing.


No comments: